Monday, October 11, 2010

Transformation - Intro

Transformation starts in the heart of One. Today is the first day of a 21 day journey to discern God's will for The Vine. A time of prayer and fasting, seeking, listening. We need to hear God clearly if we are to have any hope of attempting to do what is humanly impossible. I know I'm being ambiguous here. It's because I don't want to get ahead of myself. The Vine is the dream of Bel Air United Methodist Church to start a new/different/ancient/modern faith community - to draw together people who live out Acts 2 in a very independent and disconnected culture. (read the ATV vision and mission page for more).

Yesterday, at all of BAUMC's worship services, we launched a worship series called the 10-10-10 Initiative - Our Call to Multiply. The reality is that God is calling churches, and at this moment specifically, BAUMC, to discern how we are to live out the great commission - to "go and make disciples. . ." Starting new faith communities is one significant part of being faithful to Christ. (read more about the 10-10-10 Initiative here.)

I lay all this out as back story, because what I really hope to do is use the gift of technology (like facebook and blogger) to connect us to God's Word, together, over these 21 days. I want to use this media to keep me accountable, to reflect on Scripture and to have you join me in this form of corporate worship. I was drawn to Colossians - one of Paul's letters from prison that is rich in the call to connect with Christ and to be transformed - which is the theme of these 21 days - Transformation starts in the heart of one.

Whether you are a part of The Vine, connected to our mother - Bel Air UMC, or just a God-connected friend who I "picked up" along the journey, I invite you to join in contemplation of God's Word. Morning. Noon. Evening. Get alone and get with God. I value your prayers in this experiment.

"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly." (Col 3:16) Be transformed.

Transformation Series Bumper Video from Community Christian Church on Vimeo.

No comments: