Friday, May 20, 2011

tSoGS - Colossians 1:15-20 Reflection

O Lord, May my soul rise up to meet you as the say rises to met the sun.

Colossians 1:15-20

This text speaks of the divine nature of Christ and his role in creation just like the Gospel of John.
This is phenomenal if the date for Paul penning the letter around 60 AD. The divine nature of Christ was not an evolving concept. The early Christians including Paul recognized who Jesus was.

This text also summarizes everything I've written about created stuff (everything made both visible and invisible) and "divine stuff" and Jesus being the intersection of the two.

"For God in all his fullness was pleased to dwell in Christ."

I can't do these words justice. I fear in these few commentaries this week that I've sucked the poetry out of them. So go back and just read. Slowly. Ask God to open your eyes and mind to His reality as you read. Worship. God's story is fantastic and amazing and requires an open mind and a trust in God's work.

I'd be glad to hear what God is teaching you. Share and encourage one another.


No comments: