Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Draw the Circle - Day 37 - Prayer Contracts

"Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven." - Matthew 18:18

What space or place or property does God want to give the Vine?

It's a legitimate question.

For a season of indeterminable length, He's given us Emmorton Elementary School.  It's been far from perfect (how do you spell "broken AC?" but despite incoveniences it has been our home.

We've been nomadic for two years now.  Faithful Viners pull a trailer every week,  These Viners join others to set up and prep and pack up every week.

Could God have something else in mind for us?

One of our core values is that we want to stay simple - that we seek simplicity and that includes "traveling light" when it comes to property.  By God's grace, we've been able to use homes, and parks and restaurants and this school for a very small rental fee.  I think God loves this - it lets us put more resources into the Kingdom rather than in buildings.

But I also  love NCC's call to start a coffee house - Ebeneezer's.  Honestly, I had that vision way back when I was in Saint Mary's County - long before I heard of NCC and Ebeneezer's - and I haven't been able to shake it.  I too see a place where Viners rub shoulders with community.  I already have a name or two - Holy Grounds?  JUST(ice) Coffeehouse?  (don't moan)

Starbucks talks about wanting to become people's "third place."  the place after home and work where people gather.  Shouldn't the church be the third place - where faith is fused with fun, fellowship, food?

I know the perfect place, but it will take an act of God.  So I'll pray and circle.

Will you join me?


No comments: