Thursday, January 10, 2013

Plan B Day by Day - Psalm 13

Have you discovered a pattern yet?

Life rarely turns out as planned.

David dealing with enemies and defeat and wondering where God was in this mess.

David is secure enough in his relationship with God to question God's silence.
O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
     How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
     with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?
Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
 David is secure enough in his relationship with God to demand action.
     Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
     Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.
David is secure enough in his relationship with God because they have a history of God's faithfulness and goodness.
But I trust in your unfailing love.
     I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
     because he is good to me.
Do you sing to the Lord?  Is He good to you?  Has he been in the past?  He will be again.

If you are in the middle of crisis, find your voice.  Both to talk to God and to sing through your sadness.





No comments: