Friday, January 11, 2013

Plan B Day by Day - Psalm 142

Another hymn by David.

Another song of disappointment.

Another opportunity for David to teach us the way to healing.

I cry out to the Lord;
     I plead for the Lord’s mercy.
I pour out my complaints before him
     and tell him all my troubles.
When I am overwhelmed,
    you alone know the way I should turn. (v 1-3)
You are not alone.  You are not the only one with disappointment or pain.  Whether it is a fresh wound or long healed over, God knows the way you should turn.  He's the only one.

It is critical that you work on your relationship daily, so that when you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear no evil.  You will turn to the Source, the Guide, the Healer.

Name your pain.  Go to God with it.  God has an answer, even in the silence.  God has an Answer - Yeshua the Messiah knows pain and disappointment.  He knows the way you should turn.










No comments: