Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Plan B Day by Day - Psalm 31

Broken.

Psalm 33 may represent the lowest moment is David's life.  He's tired and depressed and feels like the whole world is against him.
Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am in distress.
Tears blur my eyes.
My body and soul are withering away.
I am dying from grief;
my years are shortened by sadness.
Sin has drained my strength;
I am wasting away from within.
I am scorned by all my enemies
and despised by my neighbors—
even my friends are afraid to come near me.
When they see me on the street,
they run the other way.
I am ignored as if I were dead,
as if I were a broken pot. (v :9-12)
But David always remembers his Source.
But I am trusting you, O Lord . . . (v 14)
David, King of Israel, had, at his disposal, armies, chariots . . .

But David's battle was internal - a wrestling with mind and soul.

Only God can heal the soul.

And David knew this and like he had so many times before, the turned to the Healer.

We don't know how long David had to wait, but God did answer.
Praise the Lord, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love.
He kept me safe when my city was under attack.
In panic I cried out,
“I am cut off from the Lord!”
But you heard my cry for mercy
and answered my call for help.
So be strong and courageous,
all you who put your hope in the Lord! (v 21-22,24)
It's not about your strength and abilities.

It's not about your control.

Freedom comes with the realization that God is your strength.

Everyone needs healing.

God is our Healer.


No comments: