Sunday, June 23, 2013

Draw the Circle - Day 21 - Set Your Foot

"I'm giving you every square inch of the land you set your foot on." - Joshua 1:3 (MSG)

Let's keep walking as we pray.

Most often we picture prayer as something we do in the morning in the quiet, before meals, at bed-time, during worship.

But praying and walking moves us.  Seeing what you are praying for or who you are praying for moves prayer from theory to practice.  The prayers that I have been praying for the people of EES are lodged in my brain in the steps I took and the doors I touched.

I still remember the prayers I prayed before retreats and worship when they were attached to a place or a feature.

(It also helps my ADHD!)

Next Saturday (June 29), we'll pick back up with our prayer walks.  We'll meet in the EES parking lot, but I think it's time to walk some neighborhoods. We've got to expand God's territory beyond this school.

Does God want to make the same promise to us that he made to Joshua?  - "You step on it and it's yours."  

If no other church is laying claim to all the people on Tollgate Road, then let's do it!

Will you join me?

This day's devotional from Draw the Circle should inspire us.  25 people in worship in a DC public school, then Mark took a prayer walk. . . .

Draw circles, but also walk them.

8:00 next Saturday.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we should map out and do that on the 5 th Sunday some of us can not do sat morning