Friday, June 28, 2013

Draw the Circle - Day 26 - Game with Minutes

"Pray without ceasing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

This is the verse we use to introduce our prayer jar instructions. Our prayer jar contains names written on cards. We are praying for Bod's blessing.

We lift them up every Sunday.

I hope that as we pause for prayer, we distinctly remember each name we have written.  Some of them you might even name out-loud as we enter into Tongsung Kido (praying together out-loud) prayer.

But as I think about our cycle of prayer, I wonder if once a week is enough?

What would happen if we prayed for those in our prayer jar every day?

You know - pray without ceasing?

And I have to admit that I haven't been real regular in my prayers for those I pray for on Sunday.

And I know I need to repent.

I have to change.

If this series has taught me anything, it has reminded me that I must be more consistent and intentional in my prayers.

I'm still working on "the system" but am starting to use and like The Table more and more (great app for your smart phone or tablet if you have one).  If no one else is gonna use it - I am.  From my cell phone, it lists all the prayers that we have placed there online and I can add prayers or just acknowledge I prayed from my cell phone.  I'm also going to explore if I can create a personal page on the Table to keep track of my personal prayers.

Well better go pray -  my list is growing of those who do now know the love of Jesus Christ.  I will pray that God will bless them.

Keep drawing circles.

(Just close your eyes and listen . . .)










No comments: