Saturday, June 8, 2013

Drawing the Circle - Day 6 - Shameless Audacity

". . . yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need." - Luke 11:8

God won't answer 100% of the prayers we don't pray.

We're getting into some God math here. If there is no ask - there can be no answer - simple enough.

What prayers have not been prayed in my life?

What prayers were less than audacious?

Which really is foolish.  Why not ask for it all?  Scripture says the cattle on a thousand hills are God's.

We love and serve and follow a God who was and is big enough to create the entire universe.  This about says it all - a God who is big enough to do all that and I pray wimpy prayers.

Honestly - it's not that I doubt God - but that I doubt myself.

Sometimes I doubt that I am praying for the right thing.  And if not, then God's answer is "no."

And if I happen to pray this request publicly and God says "no" (or more like I hear no answer), well, then I will look foolish.

And raise your hand if you like to look foolish?  Anyone?

So, embarrassed, I am concerned about my reputation.

ugh.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

double ugh.

I've got to do better.

I've got to be persistent in prayer and audacious in prayer.

I've got to align my prayers with a God who wants to shine His creative goodness on our world.

And I've got to keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking.

Let's encourage one another in our faith.

I have big audacious dreams for the Vine.  Stuff that is so far beyond us and our own abilities.  It's time to pray.


No comments: