Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Draw the Circle - Day 3 - Amazing Things

"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." - Joshua 3:5

I'm torn here - falling back into old habits.  It's one thing to talk about prayer and another to do it and if I'm not careful , this will be an exercise in the former. 

So I am thinking of turning this blog into a plog.  

You might wonder why I chose 7:14 as the time to post here.  Well it's a reference to 2 Chronicles 7:14.

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

It's time to pray.

Abba, Old habits are hard to break.  Help me shed the pastor's hat and just simply be Your child. And help me to humble myself in this space.  This is hard - being authentic and "semi" transparent.  You know I've had seasons on intentional prayer, but lately has not been one of them.  I want to be consistent.  I want to make this quiet just as much a part of my day as taking my morning shower.  I'm tired of marginal living and loop-hole prayers. I want so badly to enlarge my faith, increase my vision, overcome my fears to see you work in amazing ways.  I know in my soul, I need to circle my family, circle the Vine and viners, circle the community that you have called us to, and circle myself.  I don't know where to start!  So I'm praying God that you would help me discover/develop a prayer system that will keep me engaged.  I'm afraid that  this exercise will lose steam and I'll get bored like so many times before.  So Abba, please visit me in this time.  Bring times of refreshing and an intimacy that draws me back to you daily.  Make this time "sweet."  So I guess I've figured out my first circle - a circle around me - begging for revival.  Give me a heart after Your heart.  I want to bask in Your love and today share that love with others.  My family.   Thinking how blessed I am.  Daniel graduating tomorrow.  Wow. I want to leave a legacy of prayer over my family.  God be with me through this day.  Lead me to bear fruit in the conversations You lead me to. I surrender.  Consecrate my day.  Consecrate me.  Amen.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

God-I circle Stan in prayer. May he feel your mighty presence. May he believe with his entire being that you fulfill your promises. Guide his heart...give him the vision to pray for...give him the hunger for the dream that MUST be realized...fill him with your mighty strength! Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened

Kathy Pitrat said...

I am so glad to have this challenge. My prayer life has been too much "on the fly". It is also hard to realize that I have to draw the first circle around myself. One of my mentors in the faith always told me that the first prayers should be for myself, that it is not selfish. It feels so selfish though. But I know I can't be used, can't pray for others when my self gets in the way, when I'm not right before God.

Stan said...

I hear you Kathy. I think it may take some corporate prayer - like the prayer walks to jump start us. There is great power in praying together.

As I reflect on the practices that an OT priest went through to be able to wear the priestly garments and officiate, I am reminded that we do need to "wash away the sin and put on white robes." All this is possible through the blood of Jesus. Allowing him to come in to our prayers - search me O God and know my heart - try me and know my mind . . . the key is to remember that Jesus has done the heavy lifting and we can stand faultless in his presence if we confess with authenticity. But sometimes, I let my sin keep my from God - I forget to let it go so that I can stand before God holy and righteous.