Sunday, June 9, 2013

Drawing the Circle - Day 7 - Put on Waders

"And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs." - Mark 16:20

Pray then act.  I know I often wait for God to act.

So often my motto is "ready - aim, ready - aim, ready - aim . . ."

So as I increase my prayer life with regularity and audacity I also need to move into the prayers I am praying.  Like the priests ready to cross the Jordan River before entering the Promised Land, I need to put a foot in the water before if parts.  

Yesterday Mike and I circled Emmorton Elementary seven (actually eight) times.  We didn't get any stares until we started laying hands on and praying over every door (cargo included) that led into or out of the building. :)  We weren't praying for a building - but for every person - Viner, teacher, student, administrator, custodian who sets foot in this space.  We knocked down walls, asked for angel armies, asked for blessing - asked that this school would become a hub of spiritual awakening for it's entire footprint. . . .  

It starts with us.

Today, we come back together to bolster one another's faith.  Miracles, signs and wonders.  That require us to speak out and act in faith.  Let's get foolish and physical together.  Let's step into the glorious unknown.




3 comments:

Thomas Dennison said...

Batterson always says...and I have heard several others as well, "work like it depends on you and pray like it depends on God"

Thanks for being brave and laying hands on the school.

With only 2 days of school left with my kids I often get the feeling of failure or panic. They are not where I need them to be...they what are they going to do and be when they are not with me.

I have seen that fear confirmed in the short term with a boy I prayed hard worked hard over last year...his picture is in my Bible and this year he spent countless days in the office and was suspended the last 3.

I worry that will happen with these kids I have now that I am SOOOO proud of. I love them deeply and who they are, but what happens when the world pushes back on them?

After a year of work and prayer...

Stan said...

we've had this conversation before and it has to be tough. part of the solution has to be working with the parents. and we both know the Ultimate Solution - "
April 5, 2012

“Outside of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, I know of no other hope for mankind.” - German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer to Billy Graham

Michelle told me you'll be teaching third grade - I'm guessing you'll get a second chance to impact some kids you've taught already?

Thomas Dennison said...

I will be teaching 4th grade, but will have another chance with a few. The group I will have next year is not the same academic group from 4 years ago...That year was one of 2 I taught the enrichment group...I am back to where I belong...

I have my list already though and need to start praying over the names.

Have had some great moments and touches this year...without a doubt parents know where my faith stands and God has used that to create several relationships that are going to carry past this year.